As the Event Coordinator of the 2022 Outstanding Vocational Technical Student-of-the-Year Awards Ceremony, it was a privilege to facilitate this extraordinary celebration, a tradition commencing 36 years ago. The awards ceremony took place on Thursday, April 14, 2022 at Mechanics Hall, Worcester. 53 students (27 males and 26 females), representing 53 districts across the commonwealth, were recognized for their distinguished achievements and accomplishments. Students represented the very best in vocational education!
Student recipients were enrolled in the following technical majors and career pathways;
- Health Care Technology (11)
- Trades (Carpentry, Electrical, Metal Fabrication and Joining Technologies, and Plumbing Technology (11)
- STEM Career Pathways ( Bio Technology, Advanced Manufacturing, CAD, Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, and Robotics) (10)
- Information Support and Networking Services (4)
- Natural Life Sciences (3)
- Legal and Protective Services (3)
- Culinary Arts (2)
- Early Education and Care (2)
- Design and Visual Communications (2)
- Marketing/Management (2)
- Automotive Technology (1)
- Business Technology (1)
- TV, Radio, and Broadcasting (1)
31 of the 53 students were recipients of the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship.
Congratulations to our 2022 Outstanding Vocational Technical Students-of-the-Year!
—Keith P. Segalla, Event Coordinator